Overkill command is used to delete duplicate objects from drawing in AutoCAD. The duplicated objects can increase the size of drawing and they can skew quantity calculations.
Command : OVERKILL
Pull down menu : EXPRESS => MODIFY => DELETE DUPLICATE OBJECTS
- The below image shows a rectangle containing duplicate elements
- If you select by window selection you can see in properties tab shows 6 elements are selected.
- Use command "OVERKILL" to delete the duplicated elements from drawing.
- Select Objects to delete duplicates then Click “OK”
- In the AutoCAD Command line It displays the number of Duplicates deleted.
- Now select by window selection the status bar shows only 1 elements selected
- Please run OVERKILL and PURGE command after completing drawing to ensure that the drawing is geometrically clean.
Similar Microstation command is Data Cleanup
Related Post : Tcount & bcount