Overkill command is used to delete duplicate objects from drawing in AutoCAD. The duplicated objects can increase the size of drawing and they can skew quantity calculations.
Command : OVERKILL
Pull down menu : EXPRESS => MODIFY => DELETE DUPLICATE OBJECTS
- The below image shows a rectangle containing duplicate elements
- If you select by window selection you can see in properties tab shows 6 elements are selected.
- Use command "OVERKILL" to delete the duplicated elements from drawing.
- Select Objects to delete duplicates then Click “OK”
- In the AutoCAD Command line It displays the number of Duplicates deleted.
- Now select by window selection the status bar shows only 1 elements selected
- Please run OVERKILL and PURGE command after completing drawing to ensure that the drawing is geometrically clean.
Similar Microstation command is Data Cleanup
Related Post : Tcount & bcount
The PURGE command should be run from the command line, twice. The right way to do it is to add a dash before the command like this: -purge.ReplyDelete
When run the first time purge only the REGAPPS.
When run the second time purge ALL.
Follow this up by running an AUDIT on the drawing and say "yes" to having AutoCAD fix any errors. Now your drawing will be squeaky clean.
its use full commandReplyDelete