In civil 3d, dimension object menu is disabled in right click it is very useful while working in drafting mode. We can customize AutoCAD shortcut menu in Civil 3D.
- Type Command “CUI”.
- Customize User Interface window will appear.
- Switch to “Transfer” Tab.
- Select “open” from “Customization in New File Tab (right side tab).
- New Browsing window will open.
- Navigate to “C:\Program Files\Autodesk\AutoCAD 20XX\UserDataCache\en- us\Support\acad.cuix” (if it is difficult to browse ,then go to “C:\Program Files\Autodesk” folder find “acad.cuix” then select and right click to “Open file location” and copy the path and paste to the Navigation window.
- Expand “Dimension Object menu” (click ”+” icon).
- Drag and Drop “Dimension Object Menu” to “Shortcut Menu in Customization in Main File” Tab (Left side tab) a Blue Triangle Icon will Appear and it will have added “Dimension Objects Menu” to “Shortcut Menu".
- Click “Apply” and “OK” to close window.
- With this same method you can customize your civil 3D shortcut like AutoCAD.